So, you know how you move away from someplace and everyone asks you, "Did you go ____?" or "Didn't you just love _______?" Like being from Utah, "How did you like the Grand Canyon? You must have visited it many times!" Right! How often do we visit the places that are near where we live that others flock to in droves, spending oodles of money to see? I know there have been regrets since leaving Houston, but we did get to Schlitterbahn - probably one of my favorite places!
What would you do on a trip out here? Where would you most want to go? (Not that I have any time, but I am curious...)
Thanks!
2 comments:
Have you done Monticello yet? I didn't while we lived there and completely regret it! I went about 15 years ago on a trip out to DC, but I always wanted to go back. I LOVED it there in the country side of Virginia. Plus the campus of UVA is fabulous! Take your boys to all the Civil War sights. Jaren should be at an age to appreciate that stuff.
My SIL di the half marathon in Baltimore a few years ago. My mum and I were visiting she and my brother in DC and drove up to it. I loved the Baltimore waterfront area. We found the greatest Italian restaraunt down in Little Italy just by walking and reading menus. The mall downtownwas fun and ritzy, if ou are a shopper. Your baseball stadium there is gorgeous too. I'd definitely go to see the Orioles when they played a team I really liked. Big cities always have shows come through on tour--I'd see everything. I would not, however, venture more than a block or two off of the waterfront and eat at the most shocking mcdonald's I've ever see. And you are only an hour from DC. There are a thousand free things to do there. That's all.
Post a Comment