Yes, we have the flu!
Is it H1N1 - no idea. Docs don't want you anywhere near the dr's office unless symptoms are severe. They are NOT severe here! Jam is still running around terrorizing the place, hiding his guilt behind his beautiful blue eyes which I know I would desperately miss should he get severe symptoms - I'm trying to put that thought out of my head.
This morning I awoke at 7:30 to find Jam still asleep (beautifully & blissfully), Cob doing that baby murmuring about wanting fed, and all of Jar's stuff scattered about that he should have gathered to head off to school with Dad driving carpool this morning (that is a blissful word - carpool). Turns out, he awoke with a 101 degree fever and the cough, so Dad had him ride along as chaperone to the three girls he rides with.
Now I am caged in my own space with Cob hoping he stays well. Really whatever strain this is isn't so bad, unless the respiratory part gets worse...my biggest frustration - all the media hype talks about is the shot and spread and death - NOT A WORD about how to treat it. So, yes Monday I called the dr at 2 am, "How do I treat this thing so he doesn't get sicker?"
Answer: plenty of rest, isolation from others (especially Cob), lots of fluids and ibuprofen with tylenol. - Oh don't get pneumonia and stay hydrated.
I could have figured that out and it would have been nice to know to treat this mysterious H1N1 the same as all the others...maybe I'm the village idiot because I expected some special need or some terrifying illness. Or was I?
3 comments:
And I'll just log off now so as not to catch your virus--virtual or otherwise!
Oh sister.... I wish I could come help you with those boys! Keep us updated. We'll pray that you continue to get an 'easy flu bug' there... and that neither you or Cob get it!!!
I heard the virus resides in your nose and throat. You can ward off H1N1 by doing sinus rinses with warm salt water and drinking hot beverages. Of course you couldn't really do that with a baby but maybe it would help you!
Post a Comment