Yes, we did go to the dr and she is concerned about his size and the 30 cm of water I am carrying - that is total not above whatever normal is. He hopefully will be here Tuesday morning sometime (next week - today would be awesome, but that doesn't seem likely). My belly measured 44 inches yesterday! I think she said it was a 4" increase from last Monday.
He seems healthy and moves a lot when he does - which is usually at night, not during the NSTs I'm having twice a week. He sleeps through those. I've been measuring full term for a month or more now and I think I am experiencing what it feels like to be carrying a full term baby for the first time: Jam was 10 days early and Jar was about the same - both induced (or sort of) for various reasons. Needless to say, I am not finding it pleasant. I do like chasing a small roundish body part around my belly though! We are really looking forward to meeting this guy!
Thursday we have our last (cross your fingers) official ultrasound. They'll measure him all over again to see how big he is and how much water there is this week. The most important thing: Is he vertex (head down) or breech? Pray with us that he is vertex and stays that way, please??? That will make all the difference next week.
I am scheduled for another amnio (first one for him - I had one for Jam)to see if his lungs are developed enough. Again, we are praying they are. He will be 37 wks so we are thinking positive! If they are and he is vertex I have an induction appointment at L&D for 5:45 Tues am. If not, I have a C-Section appointment for the same time and place.
I'd prefer the induction myself, unless any of you can give me some really good reasons to have a C-section.
6 comments:
I can't wait to hear about my new nephew. I figure I will hear about him LONG before I get to see him. You will be in our prayers.
HOORAY!!! Full term is no picnic. Just a word of advice (or my opinion), they go light on the epidurals at your hospital. Having had one there and now here, I now know they are stingy on the drugs there. So if you want no pain, tell them to make you good and comfortable before you will push. If you feel anything, ANYTHING, tell them to give you more. Other than that, GOOD LUCK! We are thinking about you guys and can't wait to hear the news.
Garrick turned himself breech three days AFTER his due date. He'd been head down all along until then. She turned him (horrible) and then induced me and he was born naturally. I'm glad I didn't have to recover from abdominal surgery on top of everything else, but there was a point when I thought I'd have a C-section. I called a very good friend and she helped me to see that it wouldn't be so bad. (She'd had two.) They come when they come, and however they come at least you'll have him.
Three boys. What were we thinking? ;)
Good luck, Tara. We'll be praying for you all.
Tara, I'll say these few things. 1) there was a section in time when during l&d with Elise that I very seriously asked the nurse if there wasn't any other direction she could come out... and at that point, it was too late! 2)Epidurals are great! Can't say I've had problems with that. And 3) You could try a c-section. Recovery is longer, but well, no pushing involved!! :) So that may be good on that "end"!!
Love you! Best wishes and I pray all goes well. Names yet??!!
Good luck! I hope everything goes well and I can't wait to see pictures of the newest little Passey!
Post a Comment